A ground, warming soup best suited for cozy days spent in your pajamas with movie marathons.
- 1 medium sized butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped into thick wedges
- 1 medium onion, chopped into wedges
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 cups vegetable broth (I used a simple homemade batch)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- himalayan salt + pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and grease using a little bit of coconut oil.
Toss onion, sweet potato, squash and apple with the rest of the coconut oil, salt, pepper and garlic.
Bake for roughly 30-40 minutes or until soft.
Add the roasted squash, sweet potato, apple, onion as well as the rest of the ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.