I wouldn’t trade my eating habits for the world, but I digress sometimes all I want is a heaping bowl of spaghetti, covered in a thick, decadent sauce. And then the heavens opened up and I bought a handheld spiralizer at Bed, Bath and Beyond for less than 20 dollars. And life was changed forever. Spiralized veggies have become a lunch and dinner staple.
This avocado pesto recipe is ridiculously easy and takes about 15 minutes from start to finish. The avocado adds an indulgently creamy consistency while providing you with healthy fats that leave you feeling fulfilled and satisfied.
- 1-2 zucchinis
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
- himalayan salt (sea salt works fine too)
- big handful of fresh basil
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- Spiralize the zucchini. Some like to peel off the skin but I leave it on.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in the food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy, adding in salt and pepper to taste.
- If the sauce seems a little too thick, add in a little more olive oil or water.
- Remove the blade from the food processor and transfer the pesto to a large mixing bowl. Add in the zucchini noodles and mix well.